large pale yellow beetle and some kind of yellow hairy fly?
the beetle was approximately 1.5 – 2 inches long, very very round. pale yellow with sparingly placed black dot’s . the fly was very small less than an inch long, and as seen in the picture had a long needle with which to feed? it was also quite hairy course hair. and yellow anyway i would like to know if possible the species name and any sites containing more info. thanks for you time.
Josh Huling
P.S. I have a large amount of quality insect/bug/arachnid shot’s if ever you need any(for free) please feel free to ask. I have a couple more photo’s I would like to share and learn info about. but I don’t want to bog you any more than you most likely are already

Hi Josh,
Your beetle is a Grapevine Beetle, Pelidnota punctata. Adults feed on the foliage of grapes. You can get more information on the Grapevine Beetle on BugGuide. You can also search our archives with our search engine or peruse our 18 beetle pages for past submissions to our own site. Your fly is a Bee Fly, probably the Greater Bee Fly, Bombylius major. Once again, you cas search BugGuide and our own archives for more photos and information.