Can’t find in your myriad beetles
O.K. guys, I tried, really I did. 18 pages of beetles, stinkbugs, walkingsticks, leafbugs, I’ve looked and looked! My wife is starting to call me Grissom… I did, however, I.D. what I thought was a cicada of some sort as a Pine Borer, so thanks! I really enjoyed all the grasshoppers, too. This beetle (?) has been hanging out on my Butterfly Bush [buddleia] along with two of his friends for about two or three weeks. About an inch and a half long, very docile. Can’t see any particular reason they’re staying there, and do not appear to be causing any harm to the plant.
Kevin Ellenbrand
North Port, FL (Southwest FL)
Also attached a pic of a Lubber I think is pretty good if you want to use it.

Hi Kevin,
This is not a beetle. It is a True Bug in the family Coreidae, known as Leaf Footed Bugs or Big Legged Bugs. It is in the genus Acanthocephala. We are not certain of the species as there are at least four similar looking species in Florida according to BugGuide. Here is a BugGuide recommended University of Florida website if you want to try to key the species yourself.