(05/14/2008) anaetus tegulatus
From your web site, I think this is anaetus tegulatus. I can’t find out much about her. I live near Albany, Western Australia (south western corner of the country). She seems to be mentioned in places like Queensland. Is she lost, or have I just not looked for the information in the right places? Can you tell me where I can find more information? Thanks,
Sindi

hi Sindi,
Your identification of Aenetus tegulatus is correct, but the spelling in your letter is not. We don’t know if this sighting represents a range expansion, or if the information online is incomplete. At any rate, it is a beautiful green Australian moth.

Update: (05/15/2008) aenetus moth
Sindi’s moth was seen in SW Western Australia. I am wondering if it might be Aenetus dulcis, which is found in WA and has green females, larvae living in Agonis. See http://linus.socs.uts.edu.au/~don/larvae/hepi/dulcis.html Regards,
Grev

Location: Albany, Western Australia

6 Responses to Ghost Moth: Aenetus tegulatus or Aenetus dulcis

1. p davies says:

I also found one of these moths in the south of Western Australia. It was lying in the road and actually laying eggs. Put moth and eggs with some vegetation in a jar for protection. She didn’t move but stayed alive for a week or so. Unfortunately the eggs didn’t hatch.

2. julie says:

i just found one of these Moths on the NSW SOUTH COAST ..she was on the ground i picked her up and put her in a tree she started laying eggs ..i just came on to see if i could find what type of moth ,and found this site thank you ..

3. M says:

Just found one in Sydney, she’s laid her eggs, I don’t know what to do with them. Anyone? Such a beautiful thing.