spider query
Any idea what this one is? It jumps really far. and had iridescent green eyes. I tried to pick it up with a piece of paper and it put its front legs up in the air.

This is a Jumping Spider in the family Salticidae. Without a location, we will not even attempt to identify the species.

3 Responses to Jumping spider

1. slayer420ftw says:

hey i have one of those spiders that i caught at my job i really wanna know what it is too all i know about it is it came from california i work in produce at stop&shop in NY and the spider came in inside a box of grapes from california

2. slayer420ftw says:

Well i still dont have a name for this spider but please dont fear it or kill it i have found orver the last two weeks that i’ve had this spider at my house it is kinda friendly,well to me anyway i have held it in my hand with no problems i have noticed it does have a really good appitite it feeds at least 10 or so times a day witch i’ve never seen a spider do that i know ofmine is about a 1/4 inch long without the legs if you find out what its name is please let me know its really bothering me that i cant figure it out i’m usualy really good with spiders i’ve been a big spider fan all my life

3. kkroeker says:

This looks like a jumping spider in the genus Phidippus, but it gets fuzzy after that. As far as I can tell it most closely resembles P. clarus, or possibly P. johnsoni. There is quite a bit of variability within all the species and I haven’t been able to find a pattern that looks exactly like the one in this photo. K