Found in Borneo, Malaysia near Sandakar
Hi, I have had these 3 pictures for about two years now and always wanted to identify them but with no success. Having come across your website I wondered if you can tell me what they are apart from a spider, grasshopper and a beatle

We haven’t had much luck identifying your photos. The Unknown Grasshopper is quite stunning but it is not a Grasshopper. It is a Longhorned Orthopteran in the suborder Ensifera, and probably a Katydid in the family Tettigoniidae. The beetle is a Cerambycid and the spider is probably the genus Argiope. Perhaps one of our readers will recognize your Katydid and write in with an answer.

Update: (03/25/2008)
Hi Daniel: Regarding the Unknown Orthopteran from Borneo (03/22/2008), I found this photo online that looks like your mystery “grasshopper”. It looks like a Trachyzulpha katydid (Trachyzulpha fruhstorferi). Regards
Karl