Robber
Hi Guys,
In the last year I’ve visited your site many times when I can’t find a bug I’ve captured in my books, in about the same time I’ve been getting into photography mostly bug shots but also animals when I stumble or sneak up on them. I’m no expert, still don’t know what all the buttons are for on my digital SLR but have managed to get a few viewable shots. Just looked through the robber fly section and now know this is a Bee Killer but thought I’d send this in to you as he/she is blowing it’s horn 😉 Taken a couple of weeks ago near Orlando FL where I live, Work has me traveling and I’m now in Massachusetts…..no bugs 🙁 but did manage to get a lovely shot of a Muskrat earlier today, a first. Brilliant site you have
Glen
PS If you get a minute, check out National Geographic website and take a look at July 07 Your Shot page I’m still buzzed

Hi Glen,
We are inclined to identify your Robber Fly as one of the Bee-Like Robber Flies in the genus Laphria as opposed to the Bee Killers in the genus Mallophora because of the difference in the antennae. Mallophora has “antennae with a very thin terminal final segment, whereas Laphria has thick antennae.” We are not exactly sure what you want us to see on the National Geographic “Your Shot” page.