Unknown Pet
Dear Sirs,
I have just acquired my new pet in the attached pictures, please advise what are they and what they eat. Thanks a lot. With regards,
Alexander

Hi Alexander,
Please provide more details. did you buy it? Did you catch it? Where was it found?

(12/19/2007) Unknown Pet
I’m from Hong Kong and I bought these guys from a local pet shop and the actual thing is he’s on the way on studying these guys and before he came into some answer, I took a pair from him and study them also. If you have any nice advise, then that’s great. Thanks a lot. With regards,
Alexander

Hi again Alexander,
Thanks for the additional informatin. We are totally mystified. Our best guess, and this is just a guess, is one of th Opiliones or Harvestmen. We will post your images in the hopes that someone can give us an answer and provide us with links to information online.

Confirmation: Eric Eaton confirms suspicion
It is some kind of tropical harvestman (daddy-longlegs), probably in an entire ‘order’ that isn’t found in North America.

Harvestmen are scavengers that feed on a wide variety of organic matter.