unknown green bug
WTB,
I’ve visited your site many times just to look through all of the interesting photos. My dad had me handling all types of insects and reptiles by the time I was a toddler so I don’t have any problems having them around me. I try not to kill any bugs that I find around my house and yard unless they become destructive. This past weekend I was working in my garden under a large oak tree when I came across an unusuall bug that I’ve never seen before. I don’t think it was dead even though it didn’t move once when I picked up the leaf it was on, not even when I gently nudged it with a twig. It was about half an inch long at best guess, didn’t have any spines on it, and the color in the attached picture is accurate. I posted the picture on a garden forum site and some of the guesses posted were Plumbago or Zebra Blue (Leptotes plinius), spiny oak-slug caterpillar (Euclea delphinii), and a mealybug. I looked up all of them on the internet but couldn’t find any pictures that really matched the bug I found. What do you think it might be? Thank you,
Kara Ericson

Hi Kara,
This is a Slug Moth Caterpillar without a common name. It is Isa textula and it does sting.