All sorts of bugs
Hey there,
I just discovered your site, and it’s wonderful! Just by browsing through your pages I’ve managed to identify many of the unknown bugs I’ve photographed over the last few years. (I have loads of butterflies, a fair number of dragonflies, and plenty more; many of which I’ve managed to identify over the web or in books, but plenty more are still a mystery to me.) I figured I’d pull out a few of my favorites to send to you–hopefully you can help me identify several of them, and the rest are ones I’ve identified but didn’t see on your site. (Please feel free to edit this, remove some photos, etc.) … This guy’s a Milbert’s Tortoiseshell (pretty hard to mistake these for anything else!) I encountered at Logan Pass in Glacier National Park, Montana, last summer. I didn’t see any photos of these in your butterfly pages, so I figured I’d share. I encountered quite a few butterflies as well as other beautiful insects in the alpine meadows there, but the Milbert’s Tortoiseshell is definitely the most striking. … Anyway, I hope you enjoy my photos and can identify/confirm them all. I have plenty more where they came from, so if your inbox isn’t too flooded already, I’d be happy to send more!
Susan B

Hi Susan,
We edited the content of your letter and are posting the Milbert’s Tortoiseshell to our site. In the future, please only submit one identification request per letter than includes any helpful information and will will get back to you if time permits. Thank you for your enthusiasm.