leaf-footed true bugs MATING & all over my tree!
Hi Bugman,
Thank you for your website! You have helped me identify these leaf-footed true bugs. I didn’t realize there were so many of them until I trimmed a few branches off my tree today and saw just how many flew off the trimmed branches! They are ALL OVER my Chinese Pistache tree here in McKinney, TX. I have never seen these before and all of the sudden they’re having a huge “orgy” in my backyard, so I thought I’d get some great pics for your website. If you play “Where’s the True Bug?” with the last picture, you’ll find at least 7 of them gathered on the tree branch. I hope these will make a great addition to your site! Thanks again!
Diana Thiessen J
September 20, 2007

Hi Diana,
Thank you for sending in your photos of Mating Leaf Footed Bugs. They are in the genus Leptoglossus, probably Leptoglossus phyllopus, the Eastern Leaf Footed Bug. According to BugGuide, by “The straight white or pale yellow bar crossing the back is distinctive to this species. In other Leptoglossus species it may be zig-zagging or broken into dots.”