I didn’t see these caterpillars on your site…
I’ve been able to identify many bugs from your site, thanks. But these two, which were both crawling on the same plant, I can’t find on your site. I was happy to find one in the bushes and even happier to see two at the same time! I was wondering if they might belong to the same family. They look similar to a Black Swallowtail Butterfly caterpillar you have posted, but the color patterns are different. Maybe one is a male and the other a female?? I’m located in northern Florida, next to the south GA border. I just found them today (9/17/07). Thanks,
Ann

Hi Ann,
You couldn’t find your Zebra Swallowtail Caterpillar, Eurytides marcellus, on our website because your photo is the first we have received of Zebra Swallowtail Caterpillars. The food plant is listed as pawpaw, and the leaves on the plant in your photo look considerably thinner than the leaves in the photos on BugGuide.