cool spiders
I found the spider in lunch.jpg in my back yard a few weeks ago then about a week ago I spotted the green spider shown in gspider1.jpg a few leaves over eating a honeybee. My lunch.jpg spider disappeared then I saw his legs hanging out of the mouth of gspider1.jpg. I didn’t have my camera, or it would have been a cool picture. Now there’s two of the green spiders which seem to hunt without a web as seen in gspider3.jpg. Can you identify these spiders for me? Thanks,
Robert in San Diego, CA

Hi Robert,
The pair of green spiders are Green Lynx Spiders. The male is the smaller of the two. You are correct in believing that they hunt without a web. The other spider is one of the orb weaving spiders.

2 Responses to Pair of Green Lynx Spiders

1. Cyndee says:

I have seen 2 of these green lynx spiders in my back yard this week. Are they dangerous? Do they bite? They are super ugly. Never seen one like this before.