HUGE FANGS!!
This little guy was only 3mm or 4mm long and his fangs are huge for his size. And I think he may have bit me. What is this thing? Thanks for your help. Im really worried because I have bite marks all over my legs and they itch!
Danny

Hi Danny,
This is a Lacewing Larva or Aphidlion. They are sometimes called an Aphid Wolves, a common name also shared with Ladybird Beetle Larvae. Though we do not want to claim you cannot get bitten by a Lacewing Larva, there would be no ill effect. They are beneficial insects, both as larvae and adults, and they consume vast quantities of aphids and other insects injurious to plants.

One Response to Lacewing Larva: AphidLion

1. Paul Chapman says:

I live in Dallas Texas. In June I was bitten on three different occasions by Aphid Lions. I was trimming my crepe myrtle trees and I guess they fell and landed on me. Harmless enough but really itches after a couple of days.