I.D. a Crab-like spider
I’m a big fan of most spiders but on Tuesday, May 15, 2007, southcentral Wisconsin, while washing dishes, I suddenly felt a stinging sensation in the upper part of my back. Quickly taking my sweatshirt and t-shirt off I shook them and suddenly had this cheery looking critter drop out onto the kitchen floor. With a quick crab-like locomotion it started to head for the under part of the fridge.I corralled it and scooped it up into a cylinder. As a precaution, I put it in the freezer (I know, I know) not sure of what I had or what type of reaction I was going to have to the bite. I have not found anything online and while looking, stumbled across your site. I hope the pictures make it through the servers. If not, the best description I can give is, very crab like profile with the "second" appendage longer than the rest, eight eyes in a two-four-two configuration, predominantly dark red to black in coloration, some tan colors on the abdomen, legs seem almost translucent in appearance towards the ends, spiky hairs on most of the legs, and upon closer inspection just looks down right ugly by spider standards. A coupon for your troubles to the local coffee shop if you can i.d. it or even if you can’t.
m-
(college ruled)

Hi M,
This is indeed a Crab Spider in the family Thomisidae. It is possibly in the genus Xysticus as pictured on BugGuide. The college ruled background is awesome.