White-Marked Tussock Moth?
Hello there. I found this fuzzy little critter hanging from a tree (I think it was an oak, I didn’t pay much attention). I did a little searching around on the internet. I’m pretty certain it’s a Tussock Moth caterpillar. Possibly the White-Marked variety. Perhaps you could confirm for me? Thanks,
Nathan Hillier

Hi Nathan,
This sure looks like a White Marked Tussock Moth Caterpillar to us, but several other species of Tussock Moth look very similar.

One Response to Tussock Moth Caterpillar

1. Priscilla says:

I was just wondering… About a month ago I found a Tussock Moth Caterpillar. I live in Dubai and when I tried to identify its species I had to be sure it is a Tussock moth caterpillar. But reading about its habitat Dubai wouldn’t be its natural environment, they are common in the states and uk?, isn’t it?
    I found it in winter season over here, talking about max 29 degrees C.
    So, what I just wondered if this is special or not to find this moth out here?