Cool Green Moth
Hi Bugman!
(I’m not sure my first message went through so I’m sending another.) My daughter Alexa and I really love your site. We live in Kona, Hawaii where we get a lot of really cool bugs. Alexa’s grandparents, Doug and Linda, live up the hill from us and my mom Linda also shares a keen interest in bugs. When she finds dead specimens, she’ll often keep them in the freezer for us to check out later. Anyway, Linda took the attached picture of this beautiful green moth she found in her entryway. We get lots of big moths here, but we’ve never seen one quite like this one. Although she was really excited about this bug, she resisted the urge to try to capture it and all we are left with is the picture. Any ideas about what kind of moth this is?
Jeff Lanterman

Hi again Jeff and Alexa,
This is an Oleander Hawkmoth one of the Sphinx Moths. We have gotten numerous photos of this species from the Hawaiian Islands.