Not A Solpugid (sorry, I forgot the photo on the first one)
Hey Bugman,
The photo from "D" titled "Smashed Solpugid Approached Infant" is not a Solpugid but rather a "Stenopelmatus fuscus" or as we in Utah call them, "Sand Puppy". There common name is "Jerusalem cricket". They look like giant ants, up to two inches long. Just thought ya might want to know. I do have a question for ya, the attached photo is a bug I found in Brigham City, Utah. It has a body like a hornet or wasp and has the front legs like a praying mantis, and wings like a dragon fly. It was about 1 1/2 to 2 inches long. Any idea? Thanks,
Kelly

Hi Kelly,
Thanks for the misidentification correction. Can’t imagine how we let that one slip by. You attached photo is of a Brown Mantidfly, Climaciella brunnea, a type of Neuropteran. Though they are not related to true mantids, they have a physical similarity as well as similar hunting habits.