Spotted Apatelodes Moth?
Hello.
I just found your website and was amazed. Very cool. I live in Houston, TX and recently found a wheel bug on a table on our back deck. Not knowing what it was I carefully moved it to one of our passion flower vine which is home to many caterpillars. I was horrified to find it devouring a caterpillar only an hour later. I moved it to our neighbor’s yard as I was not wanting to kill it. I have a few pics of an unknown bug. I believe it is a Spotted Apatelodes Moth but am not sure. The antennae do not look mothlike to me. I have more pics if you are interested in them. One curious details about this insect is a ridged hump on its back, near the front. Another is the "finned" tail which look a lot like an airplane’s tailsection. Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve,
We are very thrilled to be able to post your photo of a Mournful Sphinx, Enyo lugubris. The caterpillars feed on the leaves of grape and related plants.