Bird Poop Caterpillar
Hi Bugman,
I believe I may have found the Bird Poop Caterpillar on my lemon tree here in Kansas City. I see pictures of the moth but can not find pictures of the caterpillar. What do you think?
Kathy

Hi Kathy,
The caterpillar of the Giant Swallowtail Butterfly resembles bird droppings and eats leaves of citrus trees. It is commonly called the Orange Dog.

6 Responses to Orange Dog

1. Erny Leach says:

How do I get rid of them and protect my trees in the future?

Thank You,
    Erny

2. Mia lora says:

What do you do to get rid of it? It has started at the bottom branches of tree and eating all leaves and blooms!! It is a lime tree!

3. Sherry says:

I am enjoying the development of the orange Dog? I found in my orange tree (california) just don’t want a lot of them being that it is mcurrantly eating a leaf.

4. Brad says:

Go on Facebook and find a butterfly page that’s local. Them them. They will come remove them. Once removed you can get a spray at Home improvement store to prevent from coming back