Bee Assassin, White-crossed Seed Bug
Hi Bugman et al,
I’m just another one of your thousands (or is it millions?) of fans that have caught the Bug bug from you. (A seemingly harmless virus that causes the “sufferer” to want to take photos of bugs). Harmless? Perhaps, perhaps not. Bugs can sometimes bug you. After perusing your web site numerous times I just wanted to send you a couple of photos of bugs (True Bugs!) that aren’t Box Elder bugs. You already seem to have a lot of photos of them. I believe one is a Bee Assassin Bug, supposedly he’s great to have in your garden. Good thing, I had a lot of them this summer. The photo was taken June 3, 2006. The other photo is a Whitecrossed Seed Bug (which I can’t understand why they didn’t name it a British Soldier Bug – but then they didn’t ask me) taken on August 25, 2006. Hope you like the photos, isn’t it nice to see something other than a Box Elder Bug? Both photos were taken in Newnan, Coweta County, Georgia.
Karen R. Brooks

Bee AssassinWhitecrossed Seed Bug

Hi Karen,
We are posting your letter a day late and have just finished posting another letter with a Whitecrossed Seed Bug. Thank you so much for sending us these underrepresented species.

Location: Georgia

One Response to Bee Assassin and Whitecrossed Seed Bug

1. drswanny says:

Indeed, you have a bee assassin, Apiomerus crassipes, and a white-crossed seed bug, Neacoryphus bicrucis.