Sorry to bother you once again…Earlier I sent a photo of what I had identified as a "net winged beetle." (see below) Enjoying your site! This is my first submission, but be warned, there will likely be more! I found these guys on a mountain mint flower (Pycnanthemum sp.) last week here in the mountains of Western North Carolina. I’m thinking the colorful one is a net winged beetle (family Lycidae,) I initially thought was a moth, but all I could find indicated it was a net-winged beetle. Something about the wings (no "net" but what appears to be scales, not to mention the "fringed" edges) kept me searching. So, I have now come to believe that it truly is a moth, being the Orange-patched Smoky Moth, Pyromorpha dimidiata. BTW, I could not find this moth on your site. all the best,
Ed Kelley

Hi Ed,
Glad to get your first submission. We cropped the Hemipteran out of the photo in order to concentrate more closely on the lovely Orange Patched Smoky Moth. More information can be located on BugGuide.