Solpugid
Well, once again you guys have ID’d the bug for me. I moved into a daylight basement earlier this summer and after doing my usual announcement to all bugs living in my apartment (“Hey, I’ll leave you alone if you leave me alone – if I find you on my person, you’re dead, but otherwise go about your business – unless you’re a black widow or a mosquito, then, ya gotta die.”) I’ve met plenty of new “friends” that I have id’d on your website and deposited outside (house centipede, wolf spider, etc.). My most recent find is the Solpugid on the attached photo. I actually first met him late Friday night/early Saturday morning on the floor of my bathroom (may I recommend against Limoncello/Tequila shots?). I was contemplating finally getting off the floor and into my bed, so I cracked an eye and shifted my weight and away ran one of the funkiest looking spider things I’d ever seen. I decided I no longer wished to share space with something so icky, so I went to bed. Monday evening, I was re-arranging pillows on my couch, and lo there was my spider friend. He held obligingly still for me, so I took his photo and looked on your website. I know you guys say he’s harmless to humans – but with pedipalps and chelicerae like that? Heebie Jeebie city. I popped him outside where he promptly ran into a hidey hole. I hope he stays there and eats lots of pest bugs. As usual I shared my new bug story with my friends. Here is my friend Josh’s reply after he checked out the Solpugid on the first page of your website: Ok, Mary? Uh, I don’t want you to think I don’t love you or anything. Because I totally do. It’s just that, well, I looked at the picture of your spider and…hoooo this is tough. Ok, I just don’t really think I can go inside of your house ever again. There, I said it…. Heh, weenie.
Mary
Reno, NV

Hi Mary,
If that weenie Josh can’t deal with a harmless Solpugid, just kick him to the curb and find some new friends that are your match in wit and courage. Also you should tell him that he might want to relocate away from Reno as chances are pretty good there are a dozen or so within 100 feet of him at this very moment.