Crawdad/Crayfish
OK, so I am supposed to be doing Scout stuff (minutes, updating the website, etc) and I am stuck on your sight. Yes, I have been looking at it for almost 2 hours now! As I peruse various pages, I came across the crayfish. I couldn’t resist! As you may now know, we had a great time at Timothy Lake (Oregon). Not only did we get to see a fabulous sight (the butterflies), but my wonderful son and his buddy went snorkeling for crawdads. At first I was a little skeptical to eat them, but YUM! You don’t have to post, but I thought you might enjoy the pictures. BTW, thanks for the great site. I have already added to my favorites and cannot wait to share with others. It’s a lot of work and dedication. Thanks to you there is a wonderful resource for finding out What That Bug?
Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,
Thanks for the kind letter, though we feel guilty you are shirking your duties by indulging in the guilty pleasure of What’s That Bug? We have eaten Crawdads, and think they are delicious as well. We like to distinguish between the term Crayfish, to mean the living creature, and Crawdad as the potential food source.