Crane Fly w/ Pseudoscorpion
I love your site! We live in 2nd floor apartment in a porous old house in an old mill town in south central Massachusetts. Starlings have found their way indoors more than once. I’m pretty sure the window screens are just to keep the cats in. So I figure, if we’re going to live with bugs, I should learn their names and habits. Last night while I was brushing my teeth I noticed a crane fly nearby at eye level so I leaned in for a closer look. That’s when I saw the pseudoscorpion, hitching a ride(?). I’m not sure how it’s hanging on there, but it was flexing its free legs to no apparent purpose. The crane fly flew to several spots with the little guy hanging on before landing where I couldn’t see them anymore. Before becoming a regular reader of your site I might have said I saw a mosquito hawk with a OMG-what-is-that-thing on it. But as is it, I knew just who they were. Thanks so much for both the information and the entertainment.
Wendy

Hi Wendy,
We are thrilled to post your photo of Phoresy with a Pseudoscorpion hitching a ride on a Crane Fly.