Potato Bug
I have ran across the potato bug twice. I know its the potato bug because of your site, however, I have a question regarding the potato bug. I have three small children at home. Are these bugs aggressive? My youngest doesn’t know any better but the other two wouldn’t touch it if it were close… I’ve read your page on the potato bug and it says they have the tough jaws that pinch but would those touch jaws pinch for no reason? I’m going to go ahead and send my picture of my recent potato bug just for kick, I noticed you really don’t need any more pictures.. 🙂 Thanks for any info you can provide,
Danyelle

Hi Danyelle,
Potato Bugs are not aggressive, but they will bite if handled. You do not have to worry about them stalking your children. Though we do have numerous photos of Potato Bugs, we always like posting a new one on our homepage. Potato Bugs are one insect we always have pictured on our homepage, and your photo will remain until we receive a new image.