Weird Slugs
Hi there,
These two bizarre creatures appeared outside our front door this morning. The photo’s are low-res because I took them with my mobile phone. The patterns you can see are as I saw them, in red and orange. There was a hole in the side of each slug within each pattern. Could you please tell me what they are? I have never seen coloured patterns such as these on any living creature, so I am keen to hear what you have to say!
Simon

Hi Simon,
We agree this is bizarre, but we don’t even know where to begin to reseach since you haven’t provided any global coordinates.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I’m in Sydney, Australia. Thanks,
Simon Edwards

Red triangle slugs
(05/17/2006) Hi Bugman, The two slugs in your recent photo (two days or so ago) look to me like Red Triangle Slugs from Australia.
http://www.amonline.net.au/sand/news/slugs.htm
Alli

Hi Alli,
Thank you so much for sending us the link to the Australian Museum Online which has this to say about the Red Triangle Slug: “Red Triangle Slug from Wallahra, Central Coast, New South Wales. Photo:

3 Responses to Mating Unknown Slugs from Parts Unknown!!! Identified as Red Triangle Slugs from Australia

1. lizacoyote says:

i like this slug

2. Nanda Gopal says:

Thank you for registering me.
    How to upload a photo of an insect which i have clicked , for identification?