I thought I better ask befor touching it!
Hi guys!
It’s been a while since I’ve sent you any pictures, partly because I know just about every bug I see now due to you wonderful website! With that said, every once an awhile I come across a bug I have never seen before, or I can’t identify off of your website which is very rare. I submit to you this little beetle I found perching upon the side of my RV. At first glance, I thought it was one of those "kissing bugs" (please fill in the correct name) and I know those can bite hard. My son said, "Don’t touch it dad!" So I headed the wise words of my six year old and took a picture of it instead. Hope you can give this guy a name for us. Until next time!
Mike, Ryan & Jack
So. Cal

Hi Mike, Ryan and Jack,
This is a Western Leaf-Footed Bug, Leptoglossus clypealus. It is often found on junipers, but we have found them sucking the juices from pomegranates and know people who get them on tomatoes.