Do you recognize this chrysalis?
Charlene

Charlene,
The orneriness in us wants to just reply “yes” and leave it at that, but we do not have a representative image on the site and are happy to have your Sulphur Butterfly Chrysalis. Since you did not provide us with a location and since your image is cropped oddly, we are not sure of the species. If you are in the American Southwest, it is probably a Senna Sulphur, Phoebis sennae, that feeds on cassia.

Great new image & a friend
Yes, sorry. My husband noticed I had supplied NO info. I’ll try and take a better picture. I am in Houston. And I do have a cassia in the backyard. Glad to know it is doing it’s job. I considered taking the plant out because it is quite ugly. I tried to trim it and did a very poor job. I’ll keep it around now. Thanks for the info. It was a rather ugly looking . How do such things turn into beauties??? By the way, I loved your sight and will be sure to pass it on to my friends!! This is really cool! I went outside to take a better picture of the chrysalis that I sent yesterday and some information on it and look what I found!! How strange that they crawled to the same place to “hang out” together!!!! Their host plant is across the yard. I live in Houston and would love an identification of these beauties. Thank you,
Charlene

Hi again Charlene,
We are certain you have a Senna Sulphur caterpillar and chrysalis. Wait for the gorgeous clear yellow butterflies to emerge and send a photo of them as well. They are strong fliers and difficult to approach.