Who rang the dinnerbell?
Hi again Bugman,
In answer to your question to my previous email with the toe-biter, Yes I do quilt 🙂 After showing my five year old that our "Mr Snickers" had made it onto your website, and was now "Famous" he wanted to go out to look for more bugs. I said ok figuring we wouldnt get anything any good. Im certain the title of my email spells it out. Im sure that these must be some kind of jumping spider…my house and garage are usually bombarded with these all summer..they move quite quick in jumping type movements…and are all different colors and patterns. They are relatively small. I watched these guys after snapping the picture, and the one with the fly wanted to make sure the other knew that possesion is 9/10ths of the law. It took a bit of a lunge at the lurking foodless guy, and he turned spider tail and beat all his spider feet out of there. figured you might like it for your foodchain page 🙂
May Cross
Alanson MI
ps..are these spiders venoumous? but not worried either way as these dont seem to bother anyone anyway

Hi again May,
We suspected you were a quilter when we saw the grid you used for the Toe-Biter. We have become obsessed with buying fabrics with insect prints and making quilts from them. Your spiders are in fact Jumping Spiders in the family Salticidae. All Spiders have venom, but Jumping Spiders are not dangerous as their venom has at most a mild effect on humans, if they are even capable of breaking the skin. Eric Eaton wrote in: ” The jumping spiders are the cute little Zebra Spider, Salticus scenicus.”