unknown bug sitting on walls
I’m glad that i found your website, i live in Spijkenisse, The Netherlands and i keep on finding this bug in my house, always sitting on walls, or running around in the bathroom. For a couple of years now they seemed to be there. A few years ago they where only half the size and only apeared in the toilet and bathroom, always on concrete walls or floor. Now they also appear in my bedroom. I’ve tried to catch one but they are very fast. What i like to know is what this little bug is, can you help me?
Kind Regards
Nick D. (surname removed by request)

Hi Nick,
Silverfish are common household pests that are generally found in cool, damp, dark places, like the bathroom and under the sink. They have a reputation for ruining books by eating the glue in the binding.

Update
silverfish 20 may 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Hello Bugman,
I have send you a letter in may 2006 about silverfish, now the letter is signed with my name (nick d. [surname withheld by request]), each time someone types my name in google this page appears. My question is, can you please change my name in the letter (post on your site). It’s the silverfish letter from may 20 2006, kind regards, Nick.
Signature: Paul from the Netherlands

Dear Paul (or Nick D.),
We have removed your surname as you have requested.

Location: Netherlands