Beetle
Hi Bugman
I have found 4 of these beetles (so far) in my bedroom, can you tell me what they are. These only started appearing after we had some Oak furniture delivered (made in China). It’s the only place I can think they came from. Should I be concerned, my wife already is.
Cheers
Bob

Hi Bob,
This is a Longhorned Borer Beetle in the family Cerambycidae, but it is not the notorious Asian Longhorned Borer, Anoplophora glabripennis, that is a recent introduced exotic causing problems with native trees like maple and horse chestnut. It is possible it emerged from furniture or even firewood. We will see if Eric Eaton recognizes the species.

2 Responses to Longhorned Borer

1. brian sullivan says:

NEEDS ID! THE LINK TO BEING A POSSIBLE EXOTIC IS THERE! I KNOW THIS IS AN OLDER POST AND NEWER POST THAT MAY BE AN INVASIVE PEST IS REFERED TO THE RIGHT AGENCIES THAT DEAL WITH THEM.

2. brian sullivan says:

Not a northeastern native longhorned.