Turned on the overhead light in the porch of my home in Tucson, AZ and can’t identify this bug.
Hi there,
I was out last night, turned on the overhead light of our porch and found this bug flying around the light. I turned of the light and it proceeded to cling to the wall of the house next to the door. In fact, I believe it flew into me as I enter the house. Good thing it did not enter the house or there would have been mayhem with our two indoor cats. Anyway, I have attached a picture I took with my Canon 10D + Flash titled UFI (unidentified flying insect). Perhaps you can tell me what it is. It looks like a moth, and if it is, it’s certainly one I have never seen before.
Thanks in advance,
Stuart Levine
Tucson, AZ

Hi Stuart,
Your moth is a Striped Morning Sphinx, also known as a White Lined Sphinx. They are common throughout the U.S. and are often attracted to lights.

Location: Arizona