catapiller in Wisconsin
Hi, I don’t know very much a bout bugs and things crawly things, but while in Wisconsin this past Labor Day when my sister and I came upon this out-of-this-world looking Catapiller. We were on a path about 100ft from Lake Pepin in Maiden Rock, Wisconsin. Lake Pepin is actually part of the Mississippi River. I think it might be a Tussock Moth Caterpillar as seen in the 4th section of your site, but it certainly was fun to look at. My co-wroker here in Schaumburg, IL, Sue, told me about your site and suggested i send you it. By the way, the little guy was about 5 inches long, in case that helps, and Sue is Lisa’s Mom.
John R.

Hi John,
Yes, this is a Tussock Moth, more specifically the White-Marked Tussock moth, Orgyia leucostigma, but five inches long is enormous. Give Sue a big hug for us and tell her we miss her.