Bug found in my Kitchen
I am in Brisbane Australia and live in an apartment on the 7th floor. The balcony doors open partially onto the kitchen and I tend to leave them open all the time. I found this bug 2 days ago on the kitchen counter. His body is about 2 inches long and the distance between his eyes was wider than the rest of his body. He was thicker than my Boyfriends thumb, now I know that isn’t the best measurement, but this was a big bug.

We have gotten several images of Australian Cicadas in recent months. We located a great site for Australian Cicadas called Scribbly Gum: Summer of the Singing Cicadas, but none of the pictured species seems to exactly match yours.

Update (02/06/2006)
cicada on WTB 9&22Jan
Hi WTB,
These are both Psaltoda claripennis (Australia) which are emerging around this time around Brisbane. They are around 4cm long (body) about the size of your Tibicen winnemanna.
cheers,
David.
usyd