Help Please!!
I have been finding these bugs in my pantry (mostly in dry pasta and flour) and they must relocate!!!! I have found one in an empty bowl cupboard and one in the soap dish in the bathroom. I find only one at a time (not in groups), sometimes live and some dried up or skins. The image is scanned and enlarged about 100 times; actual size is about the size of a grain of rice.
Thank-you so very much!!!
Amy
Canada

Hi Amy,
You have Dermestid Pantry Beetle Larvae, a common household pest that infest stored grain products. The best remedy is to toss out all perishables in the pantry and stock anew, keeping only what you can use in a short period of time.

6 Responses to Pantry Beetle Larvae

1. Kinzie says:

I have these bugs get onto my counter all day long. During the summer I get really bad carpet beetles in my window seal due to sage brush and dirt across the street. Now I have the larva and can’t get rid of it. Please help! It bad that I don’t want anything from my kitchen.

Sorry, we don’t provide extermination advice. You might want to try vacuuming more frequently to control the larvae.

2. Kinzie says:

I should vacuum my kitchen. That makes no since. They are coming from my window seal it’s like I have a best in my wall

The adult beetles are congregating in the window sills since they want to get outside. The larvae need to be controlled and they are feeding on organic materials in your home. Adults feed on pollen.

• flobamafo says:

I keep finding these in my house -when we ripped up our carpet there were tons of the skins under the skirting board. Would they be the same bug? I haven’t found any in our pantry foods…

3. Naomi says:

I have very similar bugs in my room, no food present in the area, wood floors. What do I do? Are they harmful?