Flower or Crab Spider… ( Misumena vatia )
Here’s a picture of a Flower or Crab spider ( Misumena vatia ) taken Sept. 4 2005 ( in Southern Ontario, Canada ). At first glance I thought I had some kind of strange albino spider, but after a bit of research online I found out they are just plain ol white and red. You have a wonderful web site, I quite enjoy seeing the different types of critters from around the continent…. some ugly, some beautiful yet all part of natures glory.
TTFN
Todd Nesbitt

Hi Todd,
What a wonderful photograph. We get many questions about this particularly striking color variation of the Crab Spider. Thanks to your image, people will now know how to identify this harmless, beautiful spider.

One Response to Crab Spider

1. Sharon says:

I found one of these in my daughters roses. Its side stripes matched the color of the rose it was on. If you’d like to see you can go to my page. I have a few other finds in there also. All on the same page so you don’t have to go sifting through all my knitting stuff.