Giant Swallowtail caterpillar and unknown caterpillar
I live in central Mexico in Guanajuato state and found this Giant Swallowtail caterpillar crawling across our porch. I ID’d him from the web and found that he belonged on our lime tree that’s many feet from where he was seen crawling. Today he’s happily munching away, though another one I spotted on the tree when I replaced him is no where in sight. I see that you do have a picture of a Giant Swallowtail caterpillar but I thought you might like one without the horns up. He sported his twice when I went to place him back on the lime tree leaves. Kinda cool to see. Otherwise, he looks like bird droppings (which I know is his clever camouflage), especially when he’s still. The other critters I also found on the same lime tree. It seems to be home to several insect species, including a variety of ants, jumping spiders and the itinerant bee or wasp. I spotted these little fuzzy white guys on the underneath side of some of the leaves toward the base of the tree. They’re about 1/4″ in diameter as far as I could tell. They were in kind of a precarious place so I couldn’t get really close. I don’t see anything on your site that resembles them. They’re too small for an asp, I think, and don’t really look like that. Any clues?
Stefanie

Hi Stephanie,
We are happy to post your Giant Swallowtail Caterpillar, commonly called an Orange Dog. Your other image came through as garbage and we can’t view it.