3 pictures for you
Hi:
Found your site while trying to identify a 2 1/2" long Cicada I photographed while trying out a new digital camera. I have heard them in the trees for years but never saw one up close before until this one landed for a few minutes in my driveway. It took off just after the picture was taken and they are really fast. I have attached a couple of other pictures I took, a Skipper Butterfly/Moth and, a Honey Bee and a Bumble Bee sharing the same flowers. You are welcome to use the pictures if you like. Your site is Great! I have spent many hours enjoying it. Keep up the good work.
Charles Sheffield
Grand Rapids, MI

Hi Charles
We have been getting lots of blurry photos of Cicadas, or Dog Day Harvest Flies lately, with accompanying queries. Your very clear photo is a welcome addition to our homepage right now.

One Response to Annual Cicada

1. Penny Sampson says:

I am looking for the shed ”shells” or skins of the Cicada’s from this years’
    upwelling of Cicadas. If someone who lives in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada could tell me where to find even one for my collection, I would be forever grateful.
    Please feel free to contact me by e-mail or phone, as the time to find them is rapidly decreasing. Please call at (519) 208-1427