Citheronia regalis
My name is Kristine and I am from Columbia, Maryland. I found this moth right outside of my door a few weeks ago. I looked at the pictures of moths on your website and happend upon one submitted by a Jeremy in Columbia as well. It also happend to be the same species of Moth that I saw. I thought it was funny and I wondered if he lives somewhere in my apartment complex. Anyway here is the pic! Thanks!
Kristine

Hi Kristine,
While we have no way of knowing if you and Jeremy live in the same apartment complex, we can assure you that insects have intricate biological clocks to assure they will be able to successfully mate and reproduce. Mature individuals in the same vicinity will emerge with startling simultaneity, and this is especially critical with Saturnid Moths like the Regal Moth which only lives a few days as an adult.