beetle that’s been seen eating roses
First I just want to say that I greatly enjoy your website, there are some fantastic pictures on there, and I could spend hours going through them all. Second, I’ve found a beetle that I don’t think I saw amongst the many pages of beetles you had represented. These were found on some rose plants on the campus of the University of Michigan, in Ann Arbor. They appear to have done quite a bit of damage to the roses, as you can see. Thanks in advance!
Frank

Hi Frank,
The Japanese Beetle was first discovered in this country in New Jersey in 1916 and has spread throughout most of the East where they have become a horrible pest. They are beautiful beetles that are hated by all rose gardeners. The grubs feed on the roots of grasses damaging lawns. You can purchase Japanese Beetle traps from a garden supply department.