Unknown Ontario beetles
I’m hoping you can identify these beetles I encountered when I was doing some photography north of Algonquin Park in Ontario. I am equally interested in bugs as I am photography so I am always looking for opportunities to photograph them when I am out shooting.
Many thanks,
Janet Nelson

Lepturine Flower LonghornBlister Beetle

Hi Janet,
We checked with Eric Eaton and he couldn’t conclusively identify your beetles based on the photos, but he did give us Families. One is a Lepturine Flower Longhorn, the one on the daisy, and the other is a species of Blister Beetle.

Ed. Note: We just received this identification.
(08/09/2005) identifications
Hello – I was recently shown your site, and it is excellent. My specialization is longhorned beetles, and in cruising around I notice a number of incomplete or uncertain IDs for this family. I don’t know if you are interested in receiving this sort of input, but if you are, I offer the following additions to your identifications.
The lepturine cerambycid is Strangalepta abbreviata, a common eastern species which frequents a variety of flowers as an adult. The larvae typically breed in decaying wood. Keep up the good work. You are a valuable resource. Cheers Frank Hovore

Location: Canada

2 Responses to Lepturine Flower Longhorn and unidentified Blister Beetle

1. mardikavana says:

This blister beetle belongs to genus Epicauta.