fanmail
Box Elder Bug Great, great site! Although I’m entirely creeped out and won’t sleep for a week, I did identify the giant swarm of box elder bugs covering my back yard near – what else? – the box elder and maple trees. They’ve been there for several years, and when I read they could come in the house, it was time for them to go. Many many thanks to Debbie Fenclau for the environment- and pet-friendly solution of spraying them with laundry soap solution. Worked like a charm and as much as I hate to see things die, that they did right in front of my eyes. And, although I’ll be silently screaming in horror, I will leave the house centipedes be now so they can eat worse things. I have already forwarded your site to a number of friends, including my sister who just moved to California and will have a whole new bunch of bugs to make friends with. The information you provide is wonderful, and your site will be the first place I go to ID new bugs.
Sally
Dearborn Heights, MI
p.s. found your site via Google-ing "identifying insects in Michigan"