new bug
I found this guy very early this AM about 5:25 on my morning walk. I had to put him in a paper towel to bring him home as he has nasty large pinchers. Look at how he is pinching the paper towel, I’m glad that wasn’t my fingers. Anyways, I looked on the web to see what kind of a bug he is and the closest I can find is a dobsonfly, snakefly and a fishfly, but yet he doesn’t look quite like them and he seems bigger than they are? I’m going to send a pix into the "what kind of bug is this" website and see what they say. I brought him home and put him in the fridg, they get cold and can’t move then you can take pix of them. 🙂 found that out the with moths, they become quite docile when cold.
Judy Schrader
Wildlife Paintings and Nature Art

Hi Judy,
You are a tricky photographer. You don’t have a guy, but a gal. You have a female Dobsonfly. We linked to your site so people can see your fabulous artwork.