What’s this bug? lol
I got the link to this site from the GardenMessenger Group on Yahoo and have just become so fascinated with your site. Lots of great info. Well, I came looking because I found a bug I’ve not seen before and it seems to frequent my passion flower vine and fuchsias. The passion vine seems to be getting nibbled more so. From looking at your site, I’m guessing it is some kind of Ichneumon Wasp. The photo I managed to get is of one with a slightly thicker body. I’ve seen others that are completely twig thin. The necks are also elongated with the head at the end. Anyway, picture is enclosed, and am wondering if this is the leaf-eating culprit or if it’s good at eating the leaf-eaters. Oh, and I’m in Spokane, Washington if that helps too.
Best Wishes and Thank You-
Andrew

Hi Andrew,
Your insect is a Snakefly from the family Raphidiidae, within the Nerve Winged Insect Order Neuroptera. Adults are predators, not plant eaters. They are probably helping to control the aphids and scale insects on your plants.