What kind of beatle is this?
This picture was sent to me by a freind who is doing a Bald Eagle study near Needles Eye of the Gila river in Arizona.
Mike

Hi Mike,
We were unsure so we contacted Eric Eaton. He also wanted to be positive, and he wrote back: “I queried Dr. Carl Olson at the U of Arizona, and he suggests it is most likely a blister beetle, MAYBE Lytta viridana. Meloids were on my short list also, so you can draw your own conclusions. Thanks.
Eric”
So while we are not 100% positive, I hope this helps. The common name for this beetle is the Caragana Blister Beetle.

Thanks, I will check with Carl Olsen myself too. I used to date one of his students and forgot all about it. I have thousands of bug pictures I need to get identified. If I get the time to sort them out I will send them in. I am out in the field most every weekend and about 3 times durring the week looking for herps. If ya all need any pictures let me know.
Mike Everett
Tucson Az