Help with bugWe have been over run with these little bugs and don’t know what they are, can you help? We are in Tampa , Florida and the bugs seem to be mainly in the wood chips or tree base.
Mike

Hi Mike,
And judging by the mating pair, you will soon have even more Eastern Boxelder Bugs, Leptocoris trivittatus.

2 Responses to Mating Boxelder Bugs

1. G.P says:

I have seen these at my Great Grandmas in Salt Lake and always thought they were so cool but never knew what they were.

I have the same feelings about bugs. I love them and am glad you do not offer extermination advice or even give it. thank you so much.

2. K.H. says:

You wouldn’t think they were cool if they invaded your home. They wake us up at night crawling all over our faces, head, neck and anything else exposed. Woke up yesterday morning with one crawling on my eye.

Can’t get rid of them because they love box elder and ash trees and we have an abundance of both in our neighborhood.