Help
About 8 years ago I found a bug and have yet to identify it. It looked like an egg case. Shaped like a tall pill bug. Pale green in color. It was hard, like a hard rubber. Underneath was orange, soft and sticky. It moved like a slug, but not as fluid. I attached a drawing of it that may be of help. It’s not very complex, but neither was the bug’s appearance. Please help so I can sleep at night.
Derek

Hi Derek
I am 99% sure you saw a Skiff Moth Caterpillar, Prolimacodes badia. Here is a photo. We have information on our caterpillar page. Sweet Dreams.

Yup, that’s it. The color’s different, but I just ran into a photo of one that matches the colors in my drawing. THANKS SO MUCH. I feel my life is a bit more complete now. By the way, are those hard to find or something? As I mentioned, I have yet to find another.

They are not rare, but often difficult to find.