Peppermint discourages ants
Dear What’s That Bug,
I just discovered your website and love it. My husband and I will soon be spending much of our time in Costa Rica, and I anticipate having lots of questions to ask about the insects we will be encountering there. I am writing to let your readers know that we have succeeded in ending our daily morning encounter with ants on our kitchen counter and under the sink – with essential oil of peppermint. A couple of drops on the counter, spread with a damp sponge on their favorite areas (including under the sink) has kept them away.
Best regards,
Karen Lane
Petaluma, CA

Hi Karen,
Thanks for the great tip!!!

One Response to Oil of Peppermint

1. emilio1257 says:

Hi karen Lane. are you married to superman? his other wifes were: lois lane, lana lane and lina lane. LOL. just breaking the ice. thanks for the remedy for ants. I used lots of boric acid powder and used it mostly inside electrical piping, switches and outlets where they caused short circuits, swithch malfunction and they chew the wiring insulation (no kidding) causing grounds and power outages in some rooms, forcing me to pull out old and install new wires and hardware. again, thanks.
    I though Petaluma was a fictitious name in Charles Schults’s snoopy. i was wrong.
    enjoy your trip to costa rica. best regards, emilio