What are these playground bugs?
Hello!
We are so happy to have found your web site! We are a class of 4 and 5 year olds in PA. We take photos of bugs everyday but then we have no clue what they are. We used the photos on your site to identify some of the bugs we have photographed. Like the Wheel Bug that visited us last week. The second photo is of a bug we have not named yet so hopefully we can start off calling it the proper name. We like its funny "nose". Obviously we REALLY need a bug encyclopedia! THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH!
Fours and Fives in PA

Dear four and five year olds,
I’m so happy to see you are budding entomologists. Your other insect is a Caddisfly. They are members of the order Trichoptera that begin life as aquatic larvae. The larvae construct homes from sticks and tiny pebbles which are cemented togethe, acting as both protection and camouflage. The larvae are sometimes called Caseworms.

One Response to Caddisfly

1. Jan says:

Today, I went to the beachfront with my kids. I found a sea
    shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said “You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear.” She placed the shell to her ear and screamed.
    There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her
    ear. She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is totally off topic but I had
    to tell someone!