moths
Hello, I caught these moths outside my home in Tucson Arizona and i was wondering if you could identify one, the other I know is a white- striped sphinx moth. Thank you, Jossy
( The pins are because they are apart of aninsect collection, 521 and 526 are the sphinx moth, 527 and 523 are the unknown moth Thanks!)

Hi Jossy,
Your sphinx is a Striped Morning Sphinx or White-Lined Sphinx as you supposed. Your unknown moth is Leptarctia californiae, though that name may be obsolete. It is a highly variable species found in Southern California.

Corrections
(11/10/2004)
I happened upon your site and noted a few errors that should be corrected. I only dealt with the Giant Silkmoths (Saturniidae) and Hawkmoths (Sphingidae) for which I have written textbooks and am intimately familiar. The corrections are as follows: In the photo dated September 9, 2004 labeled moths